We have a number of issues with our server/network.
We have a wireless modem/router which handles DHCP as we have computers who access our wireless network to access files on our server and use the internet, but they don't have active directory accounts. The server then is connected to the modem/router via ethernat cable and I believe the server has a static internal IP address assigned to it.
Because the router handles DHCP, DHCP is turned off on the server and as such, we cannot use the Windows SBS 2008 wizard to connect up internet etc, so we had a server admin person setup for us.
However, we have changed ISP and have updated the details in the modem/router but are having issues with Exchange. We are able to access the internet but are having trouble with sending and receiving of email.
Unrelated to this problem, it seems that the SSL security certificate which we had the server admin install, is not working correctly as it always displays the certificate warning in IE.
We also seem to have issues when copying data to certain folders from a particular computer to the server, as when we did so the server froze and we had to shut down and restart, so we've stopped copying from that computer. Not sure what is causing this issue or if it is just coincidence that it's happening at times when that computer is copying.
We need to make sure that this server is stable and reliable.