This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $52 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Systems Applications Administrator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 2 Weeks
Please note that the contractor should be local will be required to work on site. This project would be approximately two weeks, but could be longer.
• CentOS expert with deep understanding of system essentials, kernel tuning parameters, packages and package management, libraries, etc.
• Ability to convert 32-bit configurations to 64-bit
• CentOS optimization for VMWare
• VMWare expert with deep understanding of moving infrastructure from physical to virtual, who has built their own tools to migrate infrastructure WITHOUT using tools like Vconverter
• VMWare architecture capacity planning and scaling
• MySQL migration and configuration expert
Finally this person would need to generate documentation, specifically a runbook. So, this person should have documentation experience as well.
• Maintain the existing infrastructure
• Develop highly scalable, productized versions of physical servers in virtualized infrastructure
• Create models for capacity and sizing
• Establish build/release processes
• Optimize applications and proposals to further enhance efficiency
• Share 24x7 on-call duties
• Monitor systems with alerting tools
• Resolve daily ticket requests
Education and Certifications:
• RHCE or equivalent
• CCNA, CISSP, MCP, MCSA and MCSE (one or more of the listed certifications)
• BS/BA Degree preferred
• Team oriented and results driven
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Proactive stance on infrastructure and environment
• Excellent oral/written communication
• Extensive experience applying industry best practices
• Strong sense of customer service
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online