- Operable CentOS 6.3 server with a fixed IP, not attached to a domain.
- Goal: Configure outbound email, using sendmail, postfix or any other solution.
- Method: Use an external SMTP relay such as gmail, mandrillapp, or other.
- Requirement: The email service need not receive incoming emails. It need not have user mail accounts on the localhost. It only needs to send email messages sent by a software called DSpace (DSpace is a java opensource e-library software - see [url removed, login to view]).
User Acceptance Tests:
1. Successful emails sent and received using the following command:
mail -s Test < /dev/null
2. Successful emails sent and received using the following command:
Note: The DSpace software is already installed and running successfully on this machine.
1. A solution which successfully passes the User Acceptance Tests as above.
2. Brief documentation, i.e. a simple text file, which describes the solution.
24 freelancers are bidding on average $134 for this job
I have done work identical to this in the past, with regards to my own servers configuration, one mail server and one hosting server. Please see PM for details