MikroTik University Dormitory Wi-Fi Traffic Shaping
- Status Completed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 7
I need assistance with setting-up traffic shaping / queues and also traffic prioritization on a MikroTik RB450G router. The network environment is a hotel Wi-Fi with anywhere from 20-200 users at any given moment. I manage several free Wi-Fi networks for hotels. I need those to be optimized for best performance. There also may be some other methods which I can use to improve the network performance more.
I've 5 WAN ADSL connection average 15/1Mbps/WAN and I need better ways to manage users bandwidth.
A better idea of what i'm asking for (need to setup):
1. What are the best ways to use Traffic Shaping / Queues to improve the quality of the public Wi-Fi network and ensure every Wi-Fi client has best possible experience during heavy network usage (e.g. automatically limit and/or distribute available download and upload speeds based on how heavy the network is loaded).
2. Possibly prioritize traffic based on voip, web, videos, p2p
3. Block and/or reduce the p2p usage
4. Any other tricks with Queues / Traffic Shaping that you can offer to improve the quality of the public Wi-Fi networks?
As you can see, I need someone who has experience managing large scale Wi-Fi networks with MikroTik Routers OS 5.8 (what i have). The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of RouterOS Queues and experience dealing with bandwidth issues and p2p traffic.
After this project, i will also have more projects that I will need help with - MikroTik multiple WAN load balancing, MikroTik Fail-over, VoIP QoS - so I'm definitely hoping to find a Mikrotik professional who's looking for more opportunities! I have ongoing projects and need help all the time.
Thank you.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online