This project received 31 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $13 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$8 - $15 USD / hour
We are accepting resumes for an “on call” Server Administrator for CentOS Linux based server. This is not a full time position; rather on-call and as needed basis. Could be used to supplement current income and can telecommute.
We would like someone that can do a weekly monitoring (read scope below) and be on call for after hour emergencies. From time to time we do experience a server down and need someone that can be available for routine fixes.
Because this is on call and as needed, please include hourly requirements and statement of hours availability.
System Management Responsible for “as needed” support of computer systems running on a host operating system. These may be stand-alone or networked and may exist in homogenous or heterogeneous environments. Some of these tasks are:
Monitor system performance, service availability, scheduled maintenance tasks or event logs for normal operations. Apply documented system and security patches to ensure the security and stability of the environment.
Perform tactical system performance monitoring.
Perform hardware and/or software maintenance.
Ensure proper backups are made of systems to allow for recovery of systems and data.
Monitor system capacity against specific capacity plans.
Document basic reporting procedures for common tasks
Assist in implementation of basic, recurring change request
Perform minor changes or more complex changes with the oversight of CTO
Incident Management Perform initial incident investigation, resolve well defined incidents using documented procedures and obtain recovery of normal operations as quickly as possible.
Change Management - Document basic change implementation plans and execute the plans reviewed and approved by CTO.
- Provide technical support and administration of Linux Servers
- Provide technical support and administration of Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS, and Exchange
- Architect and configure custom infrastructure solutions for customers
- Administer and maintain version control repositories, backup systems, monitoring systems, firewalls, network
- 3 years experience in Linux (Centos/Ubuntu/RHEL) administration
- 3 years experience in MySQL administration
- 2 years experience in Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, SQL Server administration
- experience with SVN, CVS, VMWare ESX Server, Watchguard firewalls, Cacti, System Backups, System Monitoring
- good understanding of PHP / MySQL, HTML/CSS
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online