Setup Ubuntu File and FTP Server
This project was awarded to peanuxsl for $85 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $100 USD
Setup a NAS using Ubuntu server 9.10. The initial installation of the operating system will be installed on a single drive. Your task is to: 1. Setup software raid 5 on the remaining three drives so that the available space is [url removed, login to view] (there are three 1TB drives). 2. Setup Samba shares for each of the users on a given list (max 20 users). 3. Setup samba to authenticate using active directory. 4. Setup vsftp so users can access their shares via FTP. 5. vsftp MUST use SSL or TLS authentication. The setup must be compatible so that Filezilla FTP client can access, upload and download from the site using encryption.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Ubuntu Server 9.10. Knowledge of Ubuntu, Samba, vsftp, openssl, vim, and ssh required. Must be able to integrate the Samba shares with active directory.
Browse Related Skills
- Migrate Magento Sites on AWS with nginx & Teach me the whole Procedure
- redirect http to https in our AWS
- Point multiple domain names to multiple pages on my WP Multi Site hosted on an Amazon EC2 server
- Set domain name for a website on Virtualmin/webmin
- Install Ruby Script and PHP script onto AWS -- 3
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online