I have about 15 web sites running on 2 servers. I am looking to consolidate the sites on one fresh Amazon EC2 instance.
The websites are built using following platforms - Ruby on Rails 3.0, Wordpress, Drupal, PHP, static HTML.
The following steps are needed -
- Install and configure nginx, RVM, Ruby 1.9.2, Rails 3 (latest), Phusion Passenger (ref. [url removed, login to view])
- Install PHP
- Install MySQL
- Install munin and god for process monitoring
- Migrate databases from the two source servers to new server
- Copy website code from the two source servers to new server
- Migrate apache configuration (vhosts, etc) for all sites from the two source servers to nginx configurations on new server
- Upgrade Wordpress and Drupal sites to latest framework versions and upgrade module versions.
- Update DNS entries to point sites to new server
- Verify that all sites work as expected (home pages load and an internal page that uses database works)
This is a straightforward project, but ONLY if you have deep experience in relevant technologies. YOU WILL FAIL to complete the project satisfactorily if you take this up as a learning project. Please provide references of previous work.
Once this server migration is complete, I will need continued help with -
The job involves:
- Adding new servers as load balancers
- Maintenance of the Servers
- Enhancement of the Servers
- Keeping websites running
- Ensuring Backups are done & working
- Ensuring security of the servers
22 freelancers are bidding on average $351 for this job
Over 10 years *nix experience, 7 years in web-hosting sphere(server migrations/high-load optimizing/heavy nginx usage). I will provide long-term support.
Hi, I would be the right guy to be assigned to this job. I have been working on linux systems for more than 5 years now. I can help your site be migrated and tuned in on the new server. Thanks,
Experienced System Administrators from Canada that work with linux and linux based applications on daily basis. We give security both client and system to be the top most priority. Please see PM for details