Setup fresh Ubuntu server and migrate sites to it
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 23
I have about 15 web sites running on 2 servers. I am looking to consolidate the sites on one fresh Amazon EC2 instance.
The websites are built using following platforms - Ruby on Rails 3.0, Wordpress, Drupal, PHP, static HTML.
The following steps are needed -
- Install and configure nginx, RVM, Ruby 1.9.2, Rails 3 (latest), Phusion Passenger (ref. [url removed, login to view])
- Install PHP
- Install MySQL
- Install munin and god for process monitoring
- Migrate databases from the two source servers to new server
- Copy website code from the two source servers to new server
- Migrate apache configuration (vhosts, etc) for all sites from the two source servers to nginx configurations on new server
- Upgrade Wordpress and Drupal sites to latest framework versions and upgrade module versions.
- Update DNS entries to point sites to new server
- Verify that all sites work as expected (home pages load and an internal page that uses database works)
This is a straightforward project, but ONLY if you have deep experience in relevant technologies. YOU WILL FAIL to complete the project satisfactorily if you take this up as a learning project. Please provide references of previous work.
Once this server migration is complete, I will need continued help with -
The job involves:
- Adding new servers as load balancers
- Maintenance of the Servers
- Enhancement of the Servers
- Keeping websites running
- Ensuring Backups are done & working
- Ensuring security of the serversGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online