I have about 15 web sites running on 2 servers. I am looking to consolidate the sites on one fresh Amazon EC2 instance.
The websites are built using following platforms - Ruby on Rails 3.0, Wordpress, Drupal, PHP, static HTML.
The following steps are needed -
- Install and configure nginx, RVM, Ruby 1.9.2, Rails 3 (latest), Phusion Passenger (ref. [url removed, login to view])
- Install PHP
- Install MySQL
- Install munin and god for process monitoring
- Migrate databases from the two source servers to new server
- Copy website code from the two source servers to new server
- Migrate apache configuration (vhosts, etc) for all sites from the two source servers to nginx configurations on new server
- Upgrade Wordpress and Drupal sites to latest framework versions and upgrade module versions.
- Update DNS entries to point sites to new server
- Verify that all sites work as expected (home pages load and an internal page that uses database works)
This is a straightforward project, but ONLY if you have deep experience in relevant technologies. YOU WILL FAIL to complete the project satisfactorily if you take this up as a learning project. Please provide references of previous work.
Once this server migration is complete, I will need continued help with -
The job involves:
- Adding new servers as load balancers
- Maintenance of the Servers
- Enhancement of the Servers
- Keeping websites running
- Ensuring Backups are done & working
- Ensuring security of the servers
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Bids on this Project
Feenix has made groundbreaking accomplishments in the field of web hosting, website Designing, web development, E-commerce solutions,Internet marketing, search engine optimization, multimedia presentations and domain name registration
AWS Expert, Bulk mail Expert
I'm using Linux and BSD systems for 14 years, optimizing and building the highload-ready environments for the last 7 years. I have a BSDA certificate.
Linux systems administration. Network administration. My expertise covers (but is not limited to) the following commonly used types of Internet appliances: * VPN servers * Hosting servers * Database servers * Private mailservers * Clustering * Load balancers * Monitoring * Firewalls and intrusion protection systems * Routers and switches * Traffic control and advanced routing. * Remote KVM access and remote power management appliances * Virtualization * Process automation and advanced scripting * Network and system analysis * Deployment * Amazon services(Auto-Scaling systems) * Load testing * Optimization
> DNS&DHCP: Subdomain, DKIM, SPF, DyDNS, DHCP, Dynamic DNS & DHCP > Web Servers: Apache, Nginx, Jetty, Tomcat > Multimedia: RED5Server, FFMPEG, etc > Mail Servers: Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Postfix, Zimbra CS (by yahoo) > Saving of network resources consumption: Iptables, Squid, SAMS, advanced traffic shapers/filters > Protected communication channels creation: VPN, PPTP, PPPoE, OpenVPN > Advanced monitoring systems: Nagios, Centreon, Zabbix > Extended system of data-backup/data encryption: Amanda, Bacula > Server panels setup and configuration: cPanel, ISPmanager, Plesk, Webmin/Virtualmin > Database servers management: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL > Secure servers: SSL certificates installation, security audit > VoIP: Asterisk, Openmeeting, Freeswitch > Server monitoring and pro-active fixing, if down and more...
Preston, United Kingdom
11, Russian Federation
I can do all of the above at the specified time. I am a professional system administrator and my experience is more than 10 years of practice.