iptables syslog: outgoing connections and DNS queries
This project was awarded to zeppyk for $500 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
I run several Ubuntu OpenVPN servers. Users connect, then all their network traffic is routed through the OpenVPN server as a proxy. I need to log the following data and stream it via syslog to another server:
1. All outgoing TCP connections: source and target IP and port, but not the payload.
2. All DNS queries, including the payload.
Your deliverable for this project is to write 2 separate scripts that will run on the OpenVPN servers. One script for outgoing connections, one script for DNS queries. These scripts need to work on Ubuntu 9, 10, and 11.
Attached is a spec with details.
In your bid, please indicate:
1) Whether you've read the attached doc
2) Whether you can avoid having any log data written to disk
3) Confirm you're 100% confident you can implement this as spec'ed, and how much time you need
Thank you for your time, looking forward to hearing from you!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online