System Admin Services - DNS/RDNS/EMAIL - VPS Linux Server
This project was awarded to nknk for $120 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I have been managing our server for the last few years - our company has grown to the point where small things are bothersome for our employees and we could use someone with significant experience managing virtuozzo VPS servers around the email/dns functionality.
specific duties include:
1. We host about 5 domains on a single server - rDNS fails, unsure why - causes our emails to bounce sometimes or our domain to be blacklisted. confirm dns settings are correct for our website/server and for all domains. Confirm that our server will pass for any security/validation checking people will do against our servers.
2. Certain logging features of apache need to be turned off for security reasons, i can show you exactly what file is the problem.
3. debugging email failures from clients - may be related to rdns, or may be related to their mail setup - mail fails too often. "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts "
4. installing SSL or some other encrypted authentication for our email so I can finally feel like our emails/passwords are not always transmitted in the clear.
If we can find the right person to work for our team this can turn into a long term relationship.
provide clear history about how long and in what capacity you have managed VPS servers for companies so I can get a sense of your depth of knowledge.
In this situation I'm looking for someone that can guarantee to complete these tasks in an hour or two - because I know they are not complex tasks if you know what you are doing.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online