Internet, Philippines, Server, Infrastructure
This project received 7 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $227 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I need a qualified person to outline a "howto" for designing an end-to-end server implementation / website in the Philippines.
Imagine that we hire you and you have to set up a service there. Maybe you have done work like this already. If so, tell us about it.
All writing should be supplied in English. English does not have to be perfect but should be very thoughtful and complete in analysis.
You should be able to write well. You should enjoy writing. You should enjoy writing about this topic.
Content needs to be insightful and interesting. Really though, this shouldn't be that hard.
Prefer to do work with entrepreneur or engineer(s) who have college degrees.
If you don't have a degree, then please convince us that you can do the work with a high degree of excellence.
An engineering student might do a good job. We'll see.
Special emphasis shall be given to:
- Contracting workers to build a site
- Server-side capabilities and infrastructure (who supplies it and what are the e-mail contacts and/or phone numbers)
- What are the favorite website providers for people living there (either local or remote)
- Modules used to build functionality (which services and modules to developers there know and like to develop on)
- Extensibility (how to move a simple, static web design to a dynamic data-driven design)
- Product support (phone support - Philippines seems well suited to call centers)
- A description of technical capabilities that can be found in Manila, Cebu, Subuic, etc.
- Discussion of any known and popular web-design and software houses in the Philippines (with addresses, phone and e-mail, if appropriate).
- Briefly describe how social media is changing e-commerce in the Philippines (it obviously is)
- Discuss how the lower-class is embracing the Internet in the Philippines and how this could transform the society there (counts as one page only)
- Describe any business dealings you have had in the Philippines. What went right? What went wrong? When things went wrong... what went "crazy?!"
- What is the future of IT in the Philippines?
1. The selected individual(s) will write 10 pages of TEXT, single spaced describing technique and processes there
2. These pages will be submitted to us and reviewed with suggestions for further work. Pictures can be discussed at this time if you want to provide some. Pictures might be of technical hubs/campuses in Manila, Cebu, Subic, etc.
3. A total of 25 pages describing technique and processes (text only, single spaced, normal page margins).
4. Final review with discussion of content and probably minor modifications by you before payment.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online