Statistical Process Quality Control
This project received 3 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $247 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
AET-395 Fall 2013
Statistical Process Quality Control
Department of Applied Engineering Technology, School of Technology
North Carolina A&T State University
Instructor: Dr. Zhaoqiong Qin
Course Project: Statistical Process Quality Control in Industrial Companies
1. to apply the principles and techniques learnt in classroom to the real situation in the industries;
2. to exercise some of the quantitative techniques, based upon the data your team collected from an industrial unit;
3. to improve communication skills, both oral and written communication skills;
4. to raise a team-work spirit – each individual contributes his/her best effort to the team work. A cumulative effort from each individual will make the team a great success.
B. Organization of Teams:
• Team Constituent: Each team will have 1-3 team members; each of them should have different types of interest and strong point, for example, some of them may have wider industrial connections, some of them may have better mathematical background to do analytical work based on collected data, some of them may have a good ability in writing project report, some of them may have better skills in computer applications, and so forth. Formation of project teams is fully on a voluntary base.
• Team Head: Each team should have a team head by election. The team head should be the person who has the ability to guide the team’s efforts, who will accept the tremendous responsibility of managing the team, who can delegate work to others. To avoid an overall failure, the team head should frequently report to the instructor about any problems in the team, which may affect the completion of the project.
• Team Records: Ten grade points will be allotted to the Team Records. Any team that does not provide those records, or provides those records but the records do not contain the following information, will loss that part of grades.
Meeting Records: meeting time, date and location, as well as the names of members present. Each set of meeting notes should include activities, discussion and achieved objectives.
Duty Records: assigned duty and detailed contribution of each member.
• Team Activity Time: Each team should arrange a regular meeting schedule and working period, at least once a week.
C. Working Items:
1. Name your team, and elect your team head.
2. Develop a working schedule.
3. Assign various tasks to each team member.
4. Keep records of any team activities.
5. Identify one industrial unit your team is going to work with (It is the team’s responsibility, failure in identifying an industrial unit to work with will definitely cause a total failure of the project).
6. Prepare a questionnaire, listing all items relating to the concepts, principles, techniques, etc. used in the quality improvement areas. And try to find answers from the industrial unit your team is working with.
7. Collect informations, which may include decision making adopted and being carried on in the industrial unit, data being used for purpose of quality control, appraisal of the effects due to quality control (both positive and negative), etc.
8. Apply some of the quantitative techniques, such as, Statistical Process Control (SPC), quality control charts, process capability studies, etc., to the analysis of the quality levels in the unit, based on the data collected. Note that the emphasis should be on the quality management and control, describing a design or manufacturing process, or introducing an industry is not the main purpose of this project.
9. Write a Project Report.
10. Oral presentation.
11. Evaluation of the team and individual performance (contributions) in completion of the project.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online