Insulation Coordination Study
This project was awarded to allwriter4u for £100 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
Carry out a simple insulation coordination study using the EMTP program.
1. Determine the worst-case lightning overvoltage level at the substation following a direct lightning strike to the overhead line at 1500m away from the substation. (use a 1.2/50, 32kA lightning strike.
2. Determine the most vulnerable points at the substation.
3. Using the supplied company specifications and manufacturer data ( buyers’ guide on ABB’s website), select an appropriate surge arrester(s) to ensure protection of all equipment at the substation.
4. Determine the switching overvoltage level for a simultaneous switching at the instant of peak voltage on phase A.
Write a short report summarising your results and showing typical waveforms of the computed voltages for each of the cases above, and give recommendations for overvoltage protection.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online