Technical IT Writer Needed to Simplify Website Content - Fast track
Our company is the premiere sourcing advisor for IT infrastructure and
cloud computing. We help Fortune 500 firms find the right outsourced
IT vendors to optimize their IT and lower costs, reduce risk or
improve performance. Our audience is C-suite executives and VP level
We are revamping our website/blog and are in need of an IT savvy and
Technical Writer to simplify our website copy and our message. The
ability to distill words into graphics or be able to define and spec
these graphics would put you to the front of the pack. There are about
50 pages of copy to refine and 20 powerpoints and 20 pdfs, some of
which have no word documents or base graphics.
Our process is complex, but we need to convey what we do in the
simplest way possible. In other words, we need to "dumb down" our
content, so that it has high readability and can be easily understood,
regardless of the reader's technical level.
The marketing savvy content needs to inspire readers to take action
and covert to read whitepapers and contact us. If you have not written
for conversion of this type, you may not be a great fit for this role.
This position is a short-term role for the next two weeks, but could
lead to ongoing work for 2-10 hours per month. We are on a tight
deadline, which means you must be available to start immediately as we
will be launching our new website in two weeks.
Qualified candidates will ideally:
▪ have proven experience as a technical writer
▪ understand the IT services sourcing industry
▪ have excellent writing skills and proofing skills
▪ are adept at communicating complex ideas in a way that an be easily understood by non- IT execs.
▪ have a keen understanding of online marketing
▪ are native English speakers with a great command of analogies vocabulary and a bonus would be humor
▪ are available immediately and available for the next three weeks, with extreme quick turnaround times
▪ available by Skype PST hours