Virtual assistant - business development &amp; customer service
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 14
One of our clients is looking for a professional, reliable, internet-savvy virtual assistant/virtual business development officer to work part- or full-time on a set salary (plus performance bonus) on a variety of projects and tasks. Essentially this is a mix between an administration, customer service, business development and telemarketing role.
Ongoing duties are:
- Researching potential clients (mainly researching their website) in order to compile a potential client list
- Writing sales letters (professional writing style – not cheap marketing lingo)
- Copywriting product/sales promotions and product newsletters
- Sending sales and promotional emails to potential clients
- Follow up emails by phone (via Skype – we will setup and provide the necessary Skype features)
- General sales phone calls to potential clients (cold calling)
- Sending of questionnaires and forms to customers via email
- Answering live chat on our website (the client will provide training and a manual in order to help you to provide proper assistance; difficult questions or non-standard queries can be forwarded to manager)
- Other related tasks as set by the management
- Very friendly, customer service orientated, yet professional attitude (the client doesn’t want someone with a typical telemarketing/salesperson attitude in their team)
- Clear voice and PROPER ENGLISH ACCENT (preferably Australian, British or neutral accent, American accent will be accepted too – people with Indian, Asian, European or other accents don’t need to apply – the client will conduct a phone interview in their last selection round)
- Not afraid of calling businesses (outbound sales calls)
- Highly proficient (outstanding) writing and grammar skills (British English preferred) – A-level English required (a high level of English proficiency is a must)
- Able to communicate and write in professional and engaging styles
- Experienced in browsing the web, using email, chat and instant messenger
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (basic)
- Very organized and reliable (important!)
- Detail orientated
- Able to work autonomously (with minimal supervision)
- Own Windows based computer with ability to install Skype, Outlook, Word, Excel and a web browser (our client can provide all software)
- Own headphone or Skype phone to conduct clear voice calls via Skype (must be provided by you)
- Reliable broadband internet access (your internet connection must be quick enough to receive/make clear Skype phone calls)
Following skills/experience are looked upon favorably:
- Prior experience as either a personal assistant, virtual assistant, office administrator, sales coordinator, sales person, telemarketer (in/outbound), business development or in the web design/web development field would be looked upon favourably but by all means it's not a requirement
The role is ongoing. A one month probation period applies (1 day notice during probation period). Thereafter, a 4 week notice period applies (can be decreased if requested by the successful applicant at the start of the assignment).
Daily/weekly work commitment:
The successful candidate is expected to work from 9am to 5pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time), Monday to Friday. For the right candidate, our client would be willing to split the role into two 50% jobs in case you can only work 4 hours per day. The client stresses the importance that you would be devoting your full attention to their work and clients at all times during your working hours. You will not be able to conduct any other work during this time – please quote your salary accordingly.
A work sheet with major tasks to be completed and the corresponding deadlines will be provided at the beginning of each week. The tasks are required to be completed/provided as set out in the work sheet without the client having to remind you. At the end of each week, the client will conduct an evaluation of your performance and your work completed.
The client will pay either weekly, fortnightly or monthly (depends what you prefer). Payment will be made within 2 days after the end of week/fortnight/month (will be discussed with the candidate).
Please note, the client initially expects to pay the average pay grade for such work in the Philippines with the added incentive of performance bonuses (which depending on your performance can be in excess of a 100% of your base salary).
Your performance evaluation for bonus purposes will be reviewed every 6 months – bonuses are paid out twice yearly. The client will put a performance bonus review structure in place in order to increase the potential bonus as your involvement and responsibilities grow.
As such only apply if you are willing/able to provide quality work at the standard base salary comparable to the Philippines (do not apply if you expect to receive a base salary that is equivalent to the standard award rate in Australia or the US).
You will be hired on a contractor basis and as such no employment benefits will be paid beside your remuneration (base salary plus applicable bonus). You are responsible for your own health insurance cover, pension, etc. Eventually, this position may evolve into full employment with all benefits if this is in the interest of both parties.
Prior to approval:
Before you bid be sure you are looking for a long term commitment and meet exactly and strictly all requirements stated above. Please provide the following information with your application (provide the information in a private message and format your application in the same structure as the questions below):
1) At least two writing samples if possible
2) If you have a resume/CV, please post this to us
3) References of prior jobs if you have any
4) Your location (city, country and timezone)
5) Confirm whether you’re available from 9am to 5pm (AEST) or apply for a 50% position (either from 9am to 1pm or 1pm to 5pm – AEST)
6) Your hourly rate. Please consider that the client expects you to dedicate all your attention to their work tasks during your assigned working hours and as such you wouldn't be able to conduct any other freelance work during that particular time. Please price your hourly rate accordingly.
NOTE: Please bid for the amount you would charge as a lump sum for one week (40 hours) – if you then decide to work just 50% then 50% of what you quoted would apply. Please include the term “READ” in your bid to demonstrate that you have read the terms and can meet all of the requirements as part of your bid.
The client expects to fill the role within 30 days. Please note, only successful or potentially interesting applicants will be contacted.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online