Appen Butler Hill, a global leader in linguistic technology solutions is looking for native speakers of Sylheti.
Summary of task:
Appen Butler Hill is looking for native speakers of Sylheti (as spoken
in Bangladesh) for transcription work. The work will involve listening
to audio recordings of Sylheti speech and typing down in Sylheti what it
is said or fixing the given Sylheti text to match the audio.
- Must be a native speaker of Sylheti from Bangladesh
- Must have good English skills
- Good typing and computer skills
- Must have access to computer with internet
- Good attention to detail
- Must be be able to type the spoken text IN LATIN SCRIPT
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be available around 20 hours per week
- PayPal/MoneyBookers (Skrill) account for payments
Pay is calculated based on input (payment will be processed via PayPal or Moneybookers)
Approximately 4 months
This position is available to work from home.
How to apply:
To be considered for this role, please register your details with our AppenOnline database and sit the Sylheti spelling test:
[url removed, login to view]
You will need to have an Internet connection with the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and Flash Player (links provided to install these).
About Appen Butler Hill:
Appen Butler Hill develops high quality speech and language technology solutions namely used in car navigation systems, mobile phones, word processing packages, directory assistance, speaker verification tools and hand-held machine,translation devices. Our staff comprises linguists, IT professionals and Project Managers who collaborate to produce quality work in over 100 different languages for many of the world’s leading companies.