This project received 182 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
This initial project is for four hours of audio. The audio files will come to you over the next month or sooner. I will have more files every month as a long term project. I have ~1.5 hours of audio right now, but will have more. I am a graduate student with a very low budget and these transcriptions will aid in my research efforts.
My budget right now is only $8 per audio hour. (Perfect for newbies that really need ratings to become more competitive for higher paying projects. :) )
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
This means 2 very important things for you as a provider.
#1 If you are a new provider, this is perfect because I don't need a traditional trained transcriptionist. I need someone that is willing to put in a little time to transcribing audio. I've been a new provider on freelance sites and here on getafreelancer, and I personally know how hard it is to get your first few projects until you've built up ratings. If you work well with me, I will make sure I give you rave reviews and I will post my projects as lots of little projects so you can be awarded as many projects as possible from me. I'm also looking for more than one person because, let's face it, everybody needs some time off and is probably working on other projects too, except me, I'm a workaholic and this is my only project. If I do find more than one person that I would like to work with, fear not, I WILL post a separate project and award that project as well. I think that should work out well for everyone.
#2 I need someone that is able to listen to audio and then type what they hear. I don't need a verbatim transcript with every little "um" or "ah" nor perfect spelling. If a person starts a phrase or sentence over and is saying the same thing, I do still need to have that transcribed.
I do need someone that will type the SAME words that they hear, minus all the "um"s and "ah"s. You may NOT paraphrase or insert your own words for any reason at any time. Please don't worry about the transcript not being readable. I am well aware that people do not speak like the written word. It is VERY important for my project that the transcript remains true to what was said.
THE QUESTIONS YOU MUST ANSWER IN YOUR PROPOSAL
Number your answers as they correspond to the questions. Thank you. :)
1) How long do you think it will realistically take you to transcribe 1 hour of audio?
2) What's your experience, if any? If no experience, what other type of work have you done? And about how fast do you think you can type?
3) What's the software that you will use to play the audio files? What's the software that you will use to type into?
4) Are you able to transcribe the audio files at a rate of $8 per audio hour?
5) Are you willing to do a small sample for me? And would you like me to send you the file so that you can do a small sample for me? It will be a link to where you can download the file.
6) Please add anything else you would like me to know.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online