Translator wanted to transcribe a popular non-fiction book from English to Spanish.
The Cocaine Diaries is a true crime title already available in English and published in more than five countries by leading international publisher Random House.
The author is now independently publishing the book in the Spanish-speaking world in Latin America and Spain. He is seeking an excellent candidate who responds well to critique and fits the profile below.
If that’s you, please contact me . Applications to be in by March 7, but the sooner the better.
The role is a freelance position. Payment is by negotiation.
The successful candidate will be chosen from a shortlist based on a trial translation of a short passage of the book.
- A professional translator with at least three years´ experience, ideally in book publishing;
- Be a native Spanish speaker, ideally from Latin America;
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills;
- Familiarity with Irish/British English (ie you know “craic” is not a drug, and “grand” has many meanings);
- Strong knowledge of proofreading, syntax, and spelling;
- Eye for detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work unsupervised, on own initiative;
- Can turn the book project around in no more than three months;
- A knowledge of the publishing market in Latin America and/or Spain;
- Based in either Dublin, Ireland, or Colombia/Venezuela;
Details of Project:
- Project: Book
- Word count: 105,000 words approx.
- Genre: True Crime
- Style: for a flavour of the copy, see a section of the book on Amazon.
44 freelancers are bidding on average $3853 for this job
Consider it done professionally to your expectations. Kindly note that a NATIVE Spanish is working on such projects. Kindly start messaging so we can discuss further details.