Newangle is a creative digital agency that produces audiovisual and interactive programmes for museums and heritage sites around the world. This role is an office-based freelance position to provide ad-hoc production support to Producers and Senior Producers.
Production assistant duties:
• Understanding the overall project and client processes.
• Main point of liaison with the Arabic translator.
• Proof reading Arabic design documents, scripts and text in video edits.
• Provide recommendations to designers on the layout and conventions of Arabic text when necessary.
• Assistance with film shoots and voice-over recordings, particularly in relation to the selection and direction of Arabic speaking actors/ voice-over artists.
• Creation of purchase orders and invoices.
• Support the Producer in the management of client content.
• General document control such as managing revisions to logs and scripts in Arabic and English.
• Assist in the creation of project documentation such as, progress reports, call sheets and operation manuals.
• Take meeting minutes including references to English and Arabic script.
• Assist in testing interactive programmes in English and Arabic and record the results in ‘bug reports’ (training provided).
• Liaison with the Office Manager to organise project based travel, accommodation and visas.
• General ad hoc duties as required.
Essential Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 2 years experience in an Assistant (or similar role) in a creative agency or production company.
• Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac literate.
• Proven organisational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High standard of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Excellent command of English and Arabic grammar, able to draft documents correctly.
• Excellent time management and ability to work under pressure, prioritise and work to deadlines.
• Able to sensibly use own initiative but also understand when to defer/ escalate matters.
• Capable of working in a team but also happy to work alone.
• Hands on attitude and a proactive approach.
• Flexible and adaptable attitude to working hours when necessary.
To apply email email@example.com.