Native French Speaker (b)
This project was successfully completed by ArnaudJuhel for $100 USD in 3 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Completed In3 days
Looking for a NATIVE French speaker (originally from France ideally) who is very precise and detail-oriented only.
Please do 1-2 samples sentences (as shown in point (3) below) and send it in the PMB to show me you understand the task.
I will be looking for someone that is meticulous and precise, because the sentences will be used for language study and as such have to be very precise.
I need someone to write or collect ~2,500 sentences in French and translate them into English (source is unimportant; topics from cinema, love, music, life, cooking, entertainment, other common topics, etc.). The sentences should be really useful for every day life (target audience is 20-40 year olds). You must be precise in your translation.
1) I will give you 5,000 French words that I want you to use. Each sentence should use at least one of these words. (If a sentence uses multiple words from the list that's fine and you don't need to create extra sentences in that case. Most likely you'll end up with perhaps 2,500 or fewer sentences as compared to the word list I give you (my estimate from past experience). You do not need to repeat any words from the list if you're already used it in a sentence but feel free to do so if you want.). I have a program so that I can run a check how many words from the list we have used.
2) It's important that the sentences are short, simple, common, understandable, but they must be full sentences. The shorter, the better.
3) I need you to translate each sentence into English like so (in the 'notes card' do not combine words, but translate each word for word literally and include the time and person):
Je regarde la télé. (this goes into the front card)
I watch television. (this goes into the back card)
Je (I) regarde (watch) la (the) télé (television). (this goes into the notes card)
4) To save time, save them directly into Anki [url removed, login to view] (free software: here are direct download links [url removed, login to view], if you are on a pc or [url removed, login to view] if you are on a mac)
(front card: french sentence, back card: English sentence, notes card: word for word translation. Please install Anki as I will ask you to send me 1 sentence as a sample to make sure you can do it correctly in PM.
You need to do 2 small adjustments in anki to make sure we can add the sentences in the format I need. I attached 2 screenshots on what you need to do: (1) when inside the "card layout on the second tab (fields), add a "Notes" field. (2) in the "card templates" tab (first tab), you need to add the following text into the answer box:
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online