Grand River Public Bike Share Crowd source Video
- Status Completed
- Budget $250 - $750 CAD
- Total Bids 11
We are Grand River Public Bike Share, a non-profit start up bike sharing program operating out of Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. We are looking to raise money to fund the start up and infrastructure for our project. Overall, we are looking to sponsors for the bulk of the funding but we also feel that a crowd sourcing donation program would help out as well (Kickstarter is what we're planning to use to raise these funds). Overall, we require around $300,000 and 800 memberships by the end of April 2014. Not all of this money will come from donations of course, just a small percentage. To raise money, and most importantly, awareness we need to create a video under 2 minutes in length that will capture the attention of our target markets:
1. Students of the University of Waterloo and Laurier
2. Young working professionals in the KW area
In terms of branding, we want to drive the following points home:
1. Bike shares help the local community by building sustainable infrastructure and a greener future
2. Bike shares contribute to good health and reduce emissions
3. Bike shares increase the traditional reach of bus transit for users
4. Users don't have to worry about theft, maintenance, or any of the other fees associated with owning your own bicycle
5. Tourists can use this as a fun way to get around and explore the city
6. young professionals can use the system to make short trips on their lunch hour or to commute to work in general
7. Bike sharing helps your community and is FUN!
** We still need to obtain a URL for our kick starter program which will need to be added into the video, either throughout or just at the end
The overall angle of the video should be fun and engaging as well as informative to teach users about how the bike share system works. The project will start with a pilot to test the system using the University of Waterloo where roughly 4 stations will be set up and used by students as inter-campus transportation. Then if the system works efficiently, we will roll out across the city and add several parking stations where bikes can be stored. We are planning on using a Bixi Bike system like the ones in Montreal and Toronto.
[url removed, login to view](company)#The_bike_dock_and_locking_system
Each bike will be equipped with its own lock that can be unlocked once the bike is paid for through a credit or membership card. Bikes themselves must be stored in designated parking areas or a fine will be charged to the users credit card (something ~ $5). We are planning to launch in University of Waterloo with 120 bikes. If the program takes off, then we will fully invest in another 100 bicycles for city in general. I have uploaded a document outlining specifics of our program and ideas for producing the video, I like the one contrasting two different people as one drives and one bikes to work. However, we are open to any and all creative ideas provided by you.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online