This project received 6 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are interested in building an on-demand video website.
The website's requirements are as follows:
• Video Player (see player features below).
• User pages with the following option:
o Option to upload movies/pictures/audio.
o User profile.
o Create and Save playlists.
• E-commerce system for selling DVD’s and other products
• Ad server software- Incorporating of web advertising platform of banners, video advertising, tracking and reporting for advertisers, we would like to be able to do:
o Insert an advertising video every other movie.
o Insert advertising banners into pages,
o Option to synchronize the banner and the movie.
o Statistics report for impression and clicks.
o Option to create user pages, to show them the report for only their adds.
o Geo targeting advertising.
• Backhand website management system to enable us to:
o Make small changes in the sit.
o Easy web-based set of tools to monitor and review results
o Video Backhand management system so we can:
o Upload/remove videos,
o Create videos playlists, categories.
o Update meta tags.
o See statistics report of video watches. How many new videos been uploaded. Which movies is most common, etc.
o Review video that been marked as inappropriate.
• Automatically syndication software that syndicates our videos into video search engine such as AOL, Google, Msn, Blinx. We would like to have a meta tags for each movie that once uploaded will immediately syndicated into those search engines and more.
• Geo targeting and Geo blocking option- we would like to block a few areas in the world.
• Search optimization and viral marketing tools like the “widgets“from Kickapps etc.
Video player features
1. Customize player, we have different designs and sizes that we would like the player to be.
2. Search and database usage -- finding by the video meta tags.
3. RSS feeds for each video.
4. Ability for the users to create playlists.
5. Ability to users to embed player to other websites.
6. Ability to share video (email and bookmarking)
7. Ability to tag for social bookmark sites (e.g. Delicious, My Yahoo, [url removed, login to view], Delicious, reedit, facebook, Stumpleupon.)
8. Ability for users to upload video, (different types of video files).
9. Ability for user to flag inappropriate video (ties with other users uploading video)
10. Ability for users to rate video
11. Ability to download video including into Ipod and other Mobile devices Incorporating of a video upload feature that will upload any file format like “magnify” or kickapps” or “Joomia”
12. Analytical tool for the video.
13. On the player there should be an option to click on Menu, and then there will be screen with Video. Thumbnails should blow up as curser moves across them.
14. Incorporating of interactive pages where user is taking a test and receive a grade which is being saved to his profile
15. Batch encoding- (flix)
1. On demand web video- we have 1500 short movies (up to two minutes per movie), the files are of the type of mpeg-4
2. Community section- where users can open their own profile, upload movies/pictures, blogging etc.
3. E-commerce section- where we will be able to sell products.
We are interested in receiving one of the following options (or both):
1. Creating the website where we will need to use a streaming video hosting service, and if so, which one are you working with, and how much would it cost us a month/year? (We need it to be in the USA).
2. Creating the website with streaming video software that will be hosted on a regular hosting package. Again, which software would you use and what is the cost?
We had some bad experience with video player’s software that were off the shelves/open source, so if you are planning on using one, please mention which software you are planning to use so we can check its reviews.
We would like to build the site in three steps. So please let us know how much time it would take you for each step. The steps are:
1. On-demand video web.
2. Community section.
3. E-commerce section.
Please take into consideration that we expect the back-end management tool for each step to be developed at the same time as the section itself.
I will pay through Escrow, and will pay for each step separately, so please give me a general estimate for the entire project, and the payment per each step.
Please answer the above questions regarding the video player options. This is an important aspect of our project and will not choose a provider that does not answer these questions with their bid.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online