145794 VB Excel Macro Project
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
I have only one goal for this project: to completely automate the collection of foreclosure property data and post it on a web site. I currently have various pieces working but need to complete the project. I am highly skilled in Macro Express but know nothing about VB.
1) i use macro express to automatically log into [url removed, login to view] and download a spreadsheet titled [url removed, login to view] which contains a list of properties which will be sold at a foreclosure auction. This sheet contains some property information, sale date & time, who is doing the selling etc.
2) this sheet is automatically saved to my desktop.
3) macro express now opens the file "foreclosure to [url removed, login to view]"
4) i need a vb macro to take the data from "[url removed, login to view]" and place it into "sheet1" tab of "foreclosure to [url removed, login to view]". currently i place the data by hand and the sheet is set up to use a different source of data which was ver dirty data so we had to run a macro to delete much extraneous data. this macro will also delete all records which do not meet the criteria set forth on the "settings" tab. basically the
settings should be used to delete any records which have a sale date of today + 4 days or more. therefore i need to remove the zestimate criteria from the settings tab and only use the auction date.
6) i would then like to use the three estimates of home value ([url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view]) and create an average estimate and then delete records from the spreadsheet which are under $600,000
1) the data from sheet1 then gets placed into sheet2
2) once the records are placed into sheet2 the vb macro should detect the city of each property and fill in sheet2 columns "email"
"homepage" and "posting url"
3) once this is complete, the vb macro should place all this data onto the "adbomber" tab
4) most of the properties will be located in san jose and therefore san jose is split up into 5 areas. east, west, north, south & downtown.
the "sanjose" tab has a list of zip codes for san jose and the area each zip is located. depending on the area, different domain names and email address shall be used.
1) now the vb macro should use the html template located on the "html" tab and output text files like "sample html [url removed, login to view]" based on the data located on sheet2
1) once the text files are complete, macro express will utilize the data located on the adbomber tab as well as the .txt files to post foreclosure advertising on the website. in the end i hope to run macro express to oversee the whole process and eliminate the need for human participation in the process. any
and all suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated. if you are also handy with macro express, i would love to have you do work on those macros as well.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online