Database manipulation with VBA or Macro's -
This project was successfully completed by djain01 for $15 USD / hour in 40 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$15 - $25 USD / hour
Completed In40 days
I had some previous work done by a freelancer (see below) and the executable was working perfectly but 9 months later the script executable no longer works. I suspect that it it is a software conflict, and i need somebody to troubleshoot it for me. It stopped working Mid November, so i am not certain if it would be something like Java, or .NET Framework.
I need somebody to run the VBA script or to check the script and examine it closely.
I would like a script or program that will split a large TXT file, manipulate the data on each of the 10 split files, and then put it all back together again as a CSV so that I can upload it to my website on a weekly basis. At the moment i am doing it manually and it is cumbersome , repetitive and takes hours. The job itself is simple:
1. Split up a large file (more than 2 GB and cannot be opened by MS Excel due to row restrictions). This can however be done manually if required using Wonderwebware file splitter. Break it up into files consisting of 1 million rows, which will create about 9-12 files.
2. Automate the process of renaming the headers in the first file.
3. Perform some =IF calculations ( i already have these calculations)
4. Perform some find and replace operations
5. Filter out inconsistent data
6. Delete irrelevant columns
6. Convert columns to the correct formats
7. Merge the files back into one large file and upload it. (again this can be done manually if required)
I am thinking a VBA scrip or possible Macro program should be able to cover it, as the tasks are simple, and repetitive but consistent, except for the first file which must have the headers. I have the FULL sequence of events documented.
There are another two formats that need the same kind of manipulation but would need different sequences of events.
File columns vary from the above file.
1. Split the file (as above)
2. open the CSV, using only certain columns which are predetermined
3. Automate the process of renaming the headers in the first file.
4. Perform some =IF calculations ( i already have these calculations)
5. Perform some find and replace operations
6. Filter out inconsistent data
7. Delete irrelevant columns
8. Convert columns to the correct formats
9. Merge the files back into one large file and upload it. (again this can be done manually if required)
Onix file - need to get it into CSV format and onto my website (SQL Server 2008)
Repeat steps all steps above, but it is a different file format with different columns, so will require its own script.
Get the file onto my website
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online