Open the file called "GT Truck [url removed, login to view]"
This file contains our order information and we would like to start optimizing the number of trucks we use to pickup and deliver the orders. You will need to create a database that helps us know how many Trucks are needed each day for a 5 day period to handle the shipments in Tab "DailyOrders"
DailyOrders: This contains the orders being shipped. 1 order = 1 Trip & will need 1 Truck
- This will be an input and can change by Day. Currently the input schedule is Friday orders come in for the next week's shipments and during the week orders are updated based on production.
Columns: - Customer: is the customer to whom the order will be going to
- Sch Date: Is the Date the shipment is scheduled to leave our Plant for delivery to Customer. Date is imported as "yymmdd" this would need to be converted to "ddmmyy" This date also gives us the filter for the 5Day period
- APPT TIME: This is the Time the shipment is scheduled to leave the Plant for delivery to Customer
DriveTime: This is the standard time in Minutes it takes to Drive From the Plant to the Customer and back to the Plant round trip
TruckType: This is the Type of Truck available. 2 types: Single and Team. Single can only drive for 4200Minutes/5Days and Team only 6600Minutes/5Days. We're using 5 days because max time a driver can be out on the road is 5 days
- Orders are imported into the database every Friday and can be updated through out the week
- Each customer order means the truck is full so no mix shipments
- # of trucks needed is not known until orders come in
Develop a database allows us to import the DailyOrders and lets us know how many trucks will be needed per day for a 5 day period and of those trucks needed which ones will deliver which Customer order.
Hint: The trucks are to be allocated based on the orders so one truck can do (orders 3,6,9,10) it does not have to be Order (1,2,3,4...)
- Project should be done in MS Access (2003).
Excel output is accessible but Access is prefered.
1. Ghant chart showing the Customer Names and Which Truck and Type of Truck will deliver the shipment (I can help with thid design once you win the project)
2. A Delivery Schedule by Truck and Type of Truck (This will act as a Job card for the driver so he knows his duty for the next 5 days)
3. A form showing when a Truck will be available next based on Orders it's scheduled to run. Form should be sorted by first available
I HAVE GIVEN ALL INFORMATION THAT I HAVE CURRENTLY TO ALLOW YOU TO BID ACCURATELY.
MS ACCESS AND VBA EXPERT IS A MUST. I WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE THIS PROJECT VERY SOON SO IF YOU HAVE MANY PROJECTS AND WONT BE ABLE TO DEDICATE TIME KINDLY BE RESPECTFUL AND DON'T BID.
Additional Requirements; (not a must but is a plus)
- Skype with head set
- English knowledge is prefered but not a must as long as we can communicate
Hi, I have more 10 years experience with MS Access and VB, so I'm realy GURU in this. I can help you with this project. This price NOT include reports as we discuss Best Regards, Alex