Excel discrete event simulation - Part 1
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 19
I want to create a 10 station linear process simulation in which the process runs for a certain number of intervals. The process gets a certain amount of customer transactions as inputs and these pass through the process steps and become final output to the customer.
At the setup stage, the user can fill in the input boxes at the start of the simulation.
Input parameters at each station
(inputs can be made by the user in boxes that accept numerical inputs and/or drop downs selections that user can choose from)
1. Station name
2. Number of people
3. Reject Rate (to the previous station): what percentage of the output from the previous stage has to go back to the previous stage for rework.
4. Processing Time + distribution (how much time in interval units does it take to process a transaction by a person on this station)
5. Transaction Discharge pattern: After work is finished it goes into the output queue. The transaction discharge pattern is how it will flow from the output queue of this station to the input queue of the next station
Output at each station (Updated every interval)
1. Amount in input queue
2. WIP (how many are people working on)
3. Output Queue (how many are finished processing but are not yet gone into the input queue of the next station)
4. Defects (how many cases were rejected and came back from the next stage)
5. Idle time
Overall Customer input
Pattern of arrival from the customer (after how many intervals do new transactions come from the customer. What distribution do they follow?
1. Graphical display of output to the customer every interval
2. Graphical display of the average time an application spends in the system from the time the customer puts it in the queue to hen it goes back to the customer
I also need a timer that is updated every interval and goes on till the end of the simulation run time
At the setup stage, the user will fill in all the setup parameters and also:
Simulation Run time: how long will the simulation run
Updating interval: after how long will the simulation show an update (so if a simulation runs for 100 seconds, and updating interval is 10 seconds, then every 10 units the graph and data will upload)
The user control once the simulation is set up will be to:
Pause and modify the parameters
Reset (create new process parameters)
I want to be clear that:
1. I will own the source code of the file
2. This is only part 1 of the project and I wlll work with you to create future versions with more features
3. The programmer must be experienced in Excel, VBA and should have experience doing Excel based applications using object oriented approach..
4. WE ABSOLUTELY NEED TO HAVE A GREAT LOOKING GUI, FOR THE INPUTS, OUTPUTS, CHARTS ETC. EVERYTHING MUST LOOK VERY NEAT, GRAPHICAL AND VISUAL
If I select you, then I will also work with you to refine the scope and also the exact deliverables from this projectGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online