Corporate Deduping Module
April 9, 2013
1) Objective: The objective of this module is to determine if the records marked Dup in the Verify column in tblCorp are actually duplicates.
2) Method: The method we want to use to determine is the following
a. The program will go to the first record with a Dup in the Verify Column.
b. The program will then take the first 7 characters of the record in the CoMstrName and check if the 7 characters are located in another record.
i. If the program finds a record with the same 7 characters in the same order then it will leave the Dup column unchanged.
ii. If the Program does not find a record with the same 7 characters in the same order then the program will clear the Dup characters from the Verify Column for that record.
c. This process will be completed for each of the records in the table.
3) The programming should be done in VBA and be incorporated as a Module in the Access Program.
4) It should also be easy for the user to change the number 7 to select fewer or more characters.
5) The size of tblCorp in production will exceed 50K Records
Hi, thank you for your detailed specification. I have over 12 years experience building complex database systems in MS Access and could complete this project for you within an hour.
20 freelancers are bidding on average $80 for this job
Res.Buyer I have gone through your project requirements. I have also gone through your db. I will do the job within 1 day. Please see PMB for demo Thanks for your time Regards Prashant
Hi There, MS Access with VBA is my speciality, I'd like to work on this project! I've worked on many data integrity type projects which include this type of work.
Hello. I have already created a proof-of-concept design for your problem and believe I could deliver a solution within 2 hours, perhaps longer if tweaks are required. Please let me know if you have any questions.