Corporate DeDuping Module in VB
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 22
Corporate Deduping Module
April 9, 2013
1) Objective: The objective of this module is to determine if the records marked Dup in the Verify column in tblCorp are actually duplicates.
2) Method: The method we want to use to determine is the following
a. The program will go to the first record with a Dup in the Verify Column.
b. The program will then take the first 7 characters of the record in the CoMstrName and check if the 7 characters are located in another record.
i. If the program finds a record with the same 7 characters in the same order then it will leave the Dup column unchanged.
ii. If the Program does not find a record with the same 7 characters in the same order then the program will clear the Dup characters from the Verify Column for that record.
c. This process will be completed for each of the records in the table.
3) The programming should be done in VBA and be incorporated as a Module in the Access Program.
4) It should also be easy for the user to change the number 7 to select fewer or more characters.
5) The size of tblCorp in production will exceed 50K RecordsGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online