I am seeking a programmer to create a cash register POS application that uses MS Access as a back end. This will be a POS application, not a business management application. This application will NOT be used to run reports, print barcodes, purchasing, accounting, inventory management, review sales data, etc. All of those functions and many others will be performed in the MS Access database using forms, queries, reports, etc. This application will be a POS to conduct transactions and store data into the MS Access database. All applications, files, work including company name, logo, users, features, etc. must be completely flexible, configurable, and able to be modified easily by myself in the future. This application must support only one POS to start with, but should be designed to support additional POS terminals in the future. This application will be written in VBA, and should have a clear, user-friendly, attractive GUI with the look and feel similar to a real cash register.
The cash register POS application requirements are as follows:
• Support barcode scanner, cash drawer, receipt printer, credit card scanner, LCD touch screen
• Support customer display such as a light pole or LCD screen, and keyboard (although this will be a backup; the primary interface will be a touch-screen)
• Support the calculation of withholding tax such as VAT
• Support printing customer receipts from receipt printer. Printed items included should be able to be configured.
• Support printing of official business VAT receipts on A4. Printed items included should be able to be configured.
• Support lookup all product data such as barcode numbers, descriptions, prices, etc. from an MS Access 2010 database stored on a LAN
• Support storing all transaction data via LAN into an MS Access 2010 database
• Support login of different user levels; staff, manager, owner with multiple user names for each user level
• Support data recovery and auto-restore-on-resume for emergency situation such as loss of power
• Support product returns, refunds, discounts, canceled orders, open orders with partial payment, coupon codes
• Support payments such as cash, credit card, store credit, check, Paypal, bank transfer, gift certificate, etc.
• Support list of ongoing open orders
• Support reconcile cash drawer and reset daily totals to zero
• Support multiple product quantity, subtotal, cash tendered amount, cash change amount, and No Sale function
• Support data input and output via LAN from predefined parameters for future expansion of features
• Support date, time, company logo, transaction data, etc. on receipts
• Support loan at the beginning of the shift
• Support configuration file backup
• Support employee time and attendance
• Support assigning new transaction number and old transaction modify/recall/review/reprint
• Support new customer data and assign number
• Support shipping cost and shipping cost calculation (formula to calculate shipping cost based upon MS Access Database data)
• Support POS identification number
• Support new employee training mode
I prefer to work closely with only one person that can help me with the progression of the complete business database; this means this project and subsequent projects as well. My business is currently operating with manual, separate methods, i.e. Excel for inventory, files and folders for documents, Casio cash register, handwritten customer orders, etc. Eventually the goal is to transform all aspects of the business into one MS Access database. This must be done slowly, piece-by-piece. The process will necessarily require close and constant communication with questions from both sides. The more questions, the better. I can afford to be a bit flexible with time. All files and applications, VBA code, etc. must be well documented, commented, and explained in accompanying .txt files if necessary so I can understand everything clearly and modify it as needed at a later time.
Please - Only experienced programmers with knowledge of VB, Access, and POS systems -
19 freelancers are bidding on average $528 for this job
Hi, I already have the ready made POS system for front end and backend database : MS Access, Attach with the POS Screenshots. Pls reach me if you are interest with, I can provide full detail. Thanks you.
I have experience with analyzing, designing and developing [url removed, login to view] my team has experience with using lot of technologies. Let's start.
Dear Sir, I am strong at C/C++, VB, Databases, Hardware Interfacing and Embedded System. I have done project with igenico device. Thank you very much. Best Regards, Sayed Mulkhan F