ASP.NET control to replace VS .NET Web Report Viewer control's parameters toolbar and main toolbar.
This project was successfully completed by proteamspb for $700 USD in 10 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In10 days
I am looking for an experienced .NET developer to write a .NET web control ([url removed, login to view] or C#) that will replace the SQL Server Reporting Services (2005 or higher) html web report viewer's parameters selection toolbar and main report view toolbar.
The Microsoft web report viewer's Parameters Selection and main toolbars are not touch-friendly and are not compatible with mobile browsers or safari and we need a control that is.
The control should allow selection of parameters using HTML5 views that are compatible with IE9+, Firefox, Safari and mobile safari.
The following candidate requirements are very strict:
- You must be very experienced with web services and SQL Reporting Services and have past projects to demonstrate it
- You must be able to deliver on time (estimated time for this control is 1 month)
- You must have a good rating and history of experience on this site
- You must have SQL Server Reporting Services installed and ready to go (free express version from MS works fine)
- Fluent in English and able to communicate clearly and in a timely fashion
- Provide flawless, clear and reusable source code that can be easily maintained
Work Details and Requirements:
- SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) is running in native mode.
- Control must communicate with the Reporting Services 2005 endpoint API.
- Control must be compatible (must work) with latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Mobile Safari, Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Control must present three different size UI Views based on property setting or come in three different versions 1- Phone sized, 2- Tablet sized and 3- Large Desktop (2 and 3 could be one view if done correctly with proper resizing)
- Control must obey all the parameter rules of the original viewer (parameter precedence and dependencies, multiple-selection, default values, lists, null values, etc.) The parameter types are Text, Boolean, DateTime, Integer and Float. And they can all be manually entered or selected from a list.
- Control must reproduce all the SSRS viewer's toolbar functions using bigger touch-friendly controls.
- Control must use the most recent version of the web report viewer that ships with visual studio 2012 for report rendering after all the parameters are selected.
- Parameter selection and all other interactions should be seamless, users don't need to click submit after each action, only the View Report button is needed just like the original viewer.
A satisfactory completion could lead to more related work.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online