Barebones vb.net program to be installed on mulitple PCs, that autoupdates when a new version is uploaded to a remote Windows Server
- Status Completed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 9
Create a barebones [url removed, login to view] application as follows:
1. the "Client" program is to be installed on multiple PCs
2. When the client program is loaded, it checks for a new version of the program which is stored in a folder on a remote MS Server (credentials to be provided).
3. If an new version of the program is in the folder on on the MS Server
a. The user is notified that a new version is going to be installed
b. The updated version is downloaded and automatically installed on the user's PC
c. The updated version is loaded on the user's PC for use.
4. The client program contains a single Windows form
5. The Windows form contains a 2 labels:
a. the first label displays the path to the local Dropbox folder on the user's PC. For locating the Dropbox folder see: [url removed, login to view]
b. the second label displays the text in the "color" column in the first row of the existing "colors" table in an existing MS SQL Express database on the remote Windows server (credentials to be provided.)
For demonstration purposes, an updated version of the client program will have a third label which displays the color in the second row of the color table. Store the updated version in a separate folder so that I may test the original program on multiple PCs and then replace the original program with the updated version and test the update functionality.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online