Parsing MS outlook email into MySQL database
This project received 14 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $248 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Programming using [url removed, login to view] /C# / VBS / VBA
MySQL to store data
There is a resume search web application that provides the ability to search for resumes and then forward them to custom email address. If the recruiter likes the resume/profile, he forwards the profile to his email address. His email address is setup in MS Outlook. Hence a new mail alert appears.
Now the recruiter goes to outlook and opens up the email. From the email, he copies the various fields like name, address, phone number, email address, current salary, expected salary, location etc ( 10-15 fields) into another web based portal. After this is done, the resume that is attached to the outlook email is attached into the portal. After the candidate is added to portal, his profile will be available for further/future requirements.
What is needed:
1. An MS Outlook addin/addon needs to be created.
2. When an email is viewed, the addon will show an icon/indication that says "add to portal"
3. When this icon is clicked, the parser program will start parsing the email (string/html parsing rules will be in XML- In case the website format changes, the XML file will need to be updated with new html info).
4. After parsing the email, a connection to mySQL database is opened. The fields identified as part of parsing are loaded into the database as part of the candidate record.
5. The resume which is an attachment to the email is also uploaded into the database table.
Program needs to be written such that the icon will be available only if the predefined email address is in the sent address. Program needs to be flexible enough to understand parsing rule from XML. This way for new resume provider, the parsing file and the predefined email will be changed.
Please mark your response with "parsing-outlook" as part of the response to this posting. Please do not apply if you have no understand of coding the addins for outlook.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online