Translate VB6 code to Compact DotNet (a Barcode Scanner)
This project was awarded to lahongthang for $550 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
We are developing an App to run on Hand-held barcode scanners using Compact DotNet on Windows CE6
This App (ScanrApp) allows the scanner to simply act as an I/O device.. (a Keyboard and a Display - a 'dumb terminal')
A 'proof of concept' app has already been written in VB6..
This programming task is basically one of translating 200 lines of VB6 code to Compact DotNet..
Scanner Project in more detail..
The App will be developed as two 'projects'.. ScanrApp2 and ScanrApp3
The first (ScanrApp2) will be to produce a compact framework project that is a rough translation of the provided VB6 project. (in folder VB6_Project_2) (see [url removed, login to view] )
It will be a 'proof of VB6 translation' app demonstrating one “random file” read.. (see Note.5)
ScanrApp3 will take the App up to the functionality of the VB6 project in folder VB6_Project_3.
ScanrApp2 will consist of the following steps.. (See uploaded instruction file [url removed, login to view] )
* Create a form layout to match the VB6 project. Copy & Paste the 10 VB6 functions (~200 lines)
* Translate that code to suit compact DotNet. (not all of that code needs to be tested in this stage)
* Run the two tests.. (Debug the 3 function/subs involved) (see folder Test_Files\)
* Test1 proves the 12 screen labels can be filled from the provided data buffer file. (see below)
* Test2 proves the ListBox can be filled from the provided data buffer file.
* Investigate the OEM SDK It will be used in the next project. Eg. to enable the Laser Scan option.
* Check VB6 "Sub ErrorHandlr" and advise on upgrading this to suit a Hand-Held device..
The final scanner app concept..
The user scans a Product barcode, this app writes that text to an open file on a server.
The server App (NOT part of this project) responds by writing 12 'display' lines of product info to that same file and sets an ACKN record in a Status file.
This ScanrApp polls this Status file and reads the 12 records and displays that data on its screen in 12 labels.
The response data can be one of 3 types..
1. 12 lines of text to be displayed in 12 labels. (each line can have optional font size and color info.)
2. 59 lines to be loaded into a ListBox.
3. An Image name+address which will be read and displayed in an ImageBox.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online