I had a desktop program built a few years ago to synchronize a local quickbooks company file file with an my websites online database. The program does not connect anymore. The program currently checks the online db and the qb file for new or added customers and if there are new customers in the online database then they are imported into the qb file. My db uses a field called properties as customers. I need the following things either added or fixed in the attached application. If it is easier to rewrite the application, then I am ok with that.
1) The supplied application only recognizes a single version of quickbooks. I need the revised application to connect with any version of a locally installed quickbooks company file or an online version of quickbooks.
2) Add payroll importing capability. Specific databse fields will be given to the awarded developer.
3) Add receivable importing capability. Specific databse fields will be given to the awarded developer.
4) All third party software will need to be included into the setup file for the application. This means that if a my sql connector is needed for the functionality, then the application needs to check for the appropriate file installed on the local pc and if it is not found then it will be installed by the application. The same for any other connection utilities that are needed.
5) I need full mapping capability of invoice items from my db to qb file. My online db uses items to build an invoice and i need the ability for these items to be imported and synced with the qb file. I believe this capability currently exists in the application but if it does not, it will need to be added.
6) Estimate importing capability. My website generates estimates and i need them imported into quickbooks.
7) All invoices and estimates and receivables will need to be tied to customers in quickbooks as it relates to a specific connection between the estimates and invoices with properties on my site.
8) All payroll needs to be connected to an invoice or customer that my sub contractors were paid for. These connections are made on my website and specific fields will be given to the awarded developer to make these associations.
9) remove the sync outlook option from this application that is attached.
I have not used this supplied application in several years. I have recently tried to use it but it fails with errors. I want a seamless installation process with full error handling. The application needs to give the user shortcut options for desktop. If the application is being reinstalled over the top of a current installation, the application needs to ask the user to modify,repair or uninstall. I think the current application just aborts the installation if it already exists.I currently do not use payroll for hourly workers just subcontractors as i am a general contractor. I will have another version of this application that will need to be built for another membership based site that is currently in development. The developer that is successful in building this application will get the next project.I will provide all my database field information to code the application to sync with quickbooks. The awarded developer will need to know how to use my fields to connect with similar fields in quickbooks. They will need to know all relevant qb field knowledge to make the appropriate connections in the application.
I do not award milestones prior to the successful completion of the project. The developer will get full payment upon successful completion of the project.