Tiny bit of code for game engine (VB.NET,DirectX)
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €42 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget€10 - €50 EUR
We are a small game development studio. After using existing engines for our first 5 games, we are looking into creating our first game engine ourselves.
We'd like some code to kick-off this proof-of-concept and hopefully convince the management.
This code should take experienced programmers a few hours tops.
It should be programmed in Visual Basic .NET (2010) and involves DirectX programming.
What it should be capable of:
- Draw a grid of tiles (2D) using vertices and indexes (Direct3D).
- The map and tile size should be variable of course.
- Convert this map to an Isometric view just before rendering. So all our methods can be based on 2D locations. 2D rendering should also be possible.
- Add a few example "objects" on the map (cubes, other simple shapes, don't sweat yourself).
- Provide proper depth handling, so that objects in the back are behind objects in front. (use objects to show this)
- Include methods for translation of isometric coordinates to 2D coordinates (picking)
- Include a camera to move around the map (left, right, up, down, zoom in, zoom out)
Perhaps you even have some code lying around?
If you have any further questions please let us know.
Anyways. Name your price and we might get back to you.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online