We have windows desktop application written in Visual Basic 6 and using Crystal Report 7.0.
Backend is SQL 2008.
It is currently used in production environment and working fine.
We would like to upgrade this application to .Net Technology and keep it as Desktop Application. ([url removed, login to view] 2013, Crystal reports 10)
The application has about 20 screens and about 300 controls most of them are standard controls like ms flexigrids, combo box, list box etc.
1. The current code is not documented.
2. The database calling statements are on the form itself.
3. No naming conventions followed. (textbox1 etc)
4. Proper controls are not used (Date value and Numeric values are passed from textboxes etc.)
5. The interface is Arabic (You can copy the text from VB6 project)
1. The whole code should be upgraded to [url removed, login to view] 2013.
2. Recordsets and any other VB controls (Like MsFlexigrids etc) should be properly upgraded to [url removed, login to view] Equivalent controls. No legacy VB6 components in code or controls should be used.
3. The crystal reports should be upgraded to version 10 and work properly with new .net version.
4. All the source code should be submitted at each meeting so we can monitor the progress. The final copy of source code should be submitted for the project completion.
5. The project should be upgraded to follow Object Oriented Programming Model so that no code resides on forms.
6. Technical documents should be provided for each screen describing the working of the forms.
7. The whole project should follow the proper naming conventions.
We want to make use of third party controls especially for Data Grids. We will surely want the development team or individual to have experience with 3rd party vendors like
DevExpress, Infragistics, Telerik etc.
Non Disclosure Agreement has to be signed before we proceed with the project.
38 freelancers are bidding on average $1364 for this job
Dear Sir, I'm interesting in your job. I have much experience in developing the app with VB 6 and VB.NET. I can do this job. If you can the sample, I can develop the demo within a short time. Regards.