Summary: I'd like a program written using a Microsoft Suite software. We'd need to email a blank form, the completed form would be returned, the information populate a table/database, and when we enter information into the table/database this will send an email response back to the requester.
I’m the manager of a record center at a government agency where we store records and respond to requests for files (records). I’d like for one of our processes to be more streamlined. I’ve detailed the process below, as well as my request for a program to make the process more efficient. My thought that the program would utilize a MS suite program such as Outlook, Info Path, Share Point, Excel, etc.
Please let me know if my request is possible, or if there is another way to get around the limitations I’ve outlined. Also, please see attached file for a bit more information.
Current process (We use MS Office suite 2010)
• An email from another agency employee comes into a dedicated mail box requesting a file (the content of the email is not in any format but has confidential information). We get over 200 such emails a month.
• We cut and paste their information into an Access table for tracking purposes.
• We print the email.
• We later respond to the previously mentioned email letting the requestor know the file is being mailed out or the file cannot be located. We also inform them of other information regarding the non-located file.
• Then we go into the database and either input the date the file is being sent or document what we said in the email that we cannot locate the file.
• We then print out a mailing label (if we are mailing the file) using a Dymo Label maker printer
Minimum requirements – What I envision the program/process to be
• Create a Microsoft Outlook/InfoPath/SharePoint/Excel form. Or something we can email to our requestors. This form would require certain data fields, with perhaps a few other fields of ancillary information. (FYI – our email servers are completely secure as long as we email information internally.)
• After the requestor sends (emails) us the completed form, with a click or two this data would populate our database/table.
• We’d need to print each request.
• We later respond to that request. Is it possible to enter a date in the database/table (as to when we’ll send the file) or a Note in a comments section and that input into the database automatically generate an email response back to the requestor?
• I do not have access to our agency servers. Any request for IT services takes over 4 months.
• The requests have confidential information, so a public web site form is not viable.
Extras, if possible
After we say we will send the file, can the program automatically print the requestors address using the Dymo Label printer?
Thank you!! :)