Simple sales quote calculator based on excel price charts
This project was awarded to bharanisrihari for $100 CAD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 CAD
I need a sales quote calculator for Windows XP and Windows 7 that will allow me to enter a number of materials, each at different sizes, and calculate the total cost based on price charts stored in excel spreadsheets.
I am trying to streamline the quoting process.
Right now when my sales staff need to quote an order they have a book of spreadsheets in which they look up each item at each size and add up all the prices.
I'd like a simple program that will let them add any quantity of specific materials, each at a specific size (length x width), that will reference the excel entry for that material, at that size, and create a final total, with any applicable discounts.
It's important that it be able to reference an excel spreadsheet because our materials cost change over time and we'd like to be able to update it manually.
- 30 unique materials with corresponding excel files
- Up to 16 Rows X 32 Columns of prices (512 entries) for each material to be referenced
- Some materials have one price for the first unit ordered, and a discounted price for each additional.
- For each entry I need input boxes for:
- Material Type
- Discount Percentage
- A "+" button to add a new field
-A global discount percentage for simply discounting the entire order.
- Each new entry line should auto-fill from the previous, since most parameters are often similar (eg. quantity, size, discount).
- The Material Type field should be a drop down menu as well as auto-fill the alphabetically closest option, to speed up input.
- For ease and speed you should be able to use only the keyboard for all entries:
- ie. press Tab to go from field to field, press + to add a new entry line, press the up and down arrows to scroll through field options.
I do not need invoicing, saving or printing functionality, as we have that with our accounting software.
I am open to options that may be more simple than referencing excel files for pricing, as long as they allow for dynamic updating.
If this software works well I would be open to paying for added features in the future.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online