Automatic Email Processing created from database data
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $247 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Overview of project
Project to be inn VB6 classic (no [url removed, login to view])Provider need to be able to create connection to an external Pervasive database, and be familiar with creating emails with parameters.
1 –Enter processing date from a selection panel created in VB. We will provide the outlook for this in VB6 code
2 - Using SQL, program select data to create and send emails to various customers.
3– From the data retrieved the following info will be used to send SPECIFIC email to SPECIFIC customer.
1. For each sales ticket number, select ONLY the first line of data returned and skip the other lines
2. Select the following fields:
a. First name ()
b. Last name ()
c. Store Number()
d. Salesperson Number ()
e. Salesperson Name ()
f. Date purchase() – this date will need to be recreated as standard date ( from 20130428 to 04/28/2013 for example)
g. Department Number () – Department number is used to retrieve from external table () the type of email to send.
3. After selecting the type of email from the table (), pass the parameter to the email (First name, last Name, Salesperson Name, Date Purchase) to the email form and send email
4. Write to external log file the information regarding this email (Date Email Sent, Date Purchase, Ticket Number, Customer last name, Email Address)
5. From selection panel, user can start process that will send a discount coupon to people that already receive an email. Process will
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online