Speaker Check Utility
This project was awarded to neel1319 for £140 GBP.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget£20 - £250 GBP
I need a software utility (exe file) to test speakers. The speakers are normal home speakers (not audiophile ones).
What I need to test are:
- need to check if the speakers are functioning properly by giving a left-or-right signal.
e.g. we can use [url removed, login to view] to check the left speaker and [url removed, login to view] to check the right one.
The content of each mp3 is recorded appropriately to perform such function.
- need to check the polarity of the speakers (in-phase or out-of-phase).
e.g. each left and right speakers need to be checked by playing back another recorded file ([url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]).
- finally, need to check the performance of the speakers by using pink noise.
e.g. each left and right speakers need to play a specific pink noise ([url removed, login to view]). Then we check a few important frequency band (maybe for this case, we do NOT have to use the full 31 bands). We will most likely to use 6-10 bands to detect the performance, e.g. 80Hz, 250Hz, 1000Hz, 2000Hz, 4000Hz & 10kHz.
The software will perform step-by-step check and will report if the speakers are NOT functioning properly.
The flow should be:
1. Test number 1 (Speaker Balance Check), when a left or right speaker is broken, a light will flash showing which speaker is broken. then it should NOT proceed to the next test.
2. Test number 2 (Polarity Check), when a left or right speaker is out of phase, a light will flash showing which speaker is broken. then it should NOT proceed to the next test.
3. Test number 3 (Frequency Response Check), when done analyzing the frequency response of both speakers, please show the 1/3 octave level representation of each chosen frequency.
That's about it.
Please note that a normal PC microphone is used for this test.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online