My server was hacked, need better security setup
This project was successfully completed by instr for $110 USD in 2 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$100 - $250 USD
Completed In2 days
Hi, I have a server at Amazon EC2 cloud which runs one website (Drupal based). Some time ago I was informed that my server is involved in DDoS attack.
I managed to login, but server was very slow, apache2 and mysql were eating all CPU.
I also managed to bring apache2 and mysql down and kill all network connections.
Now I need a computer security expert to help me with the following:
- Try to identify method how my website was hacked (login brute force, software exploit, etc?). In bash history I've noticed that bad guy eventually got root access.
- If possible, show me what activity was performed on server. What dirs were accessed, was anything removed or deleted?
- Verify that no backdoors are left on the server.
- Update all relevant software including Drupal. BTW, I have recently noticed strange activity on Drupal forum. I need to clean up it as well.
- Set up stronger security to avoid this in the future.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online