VOIP client with automated features running as web service
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1431 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We are looking for a coder to do some work in parallel for our core software.
We need a web service or alike that will act a SIP client but with no user interaction. The "virtual SIP client" needs to receive a SIP call, validate the user calling, take the call, perform some handshaking (ready to receive, ready to send, received, sent), accept a file being sent from the originating party and store that file online. There might be also some SQL involved to convert the information received in the file into a database (or update the info in a DB).
There is no user interaction for this "virtual client" we intend to use it as a backup system of information. Some entity will make a automated call and send a file, the "virtual client" needs to receive the call and the file and store it.
There will be be some border conditions to handle (if the connection gets lost in the middle, if it get lost before during the handshake, etc).
The place where the service will be running will be selected by you but approved by us. We expect you to provide a couple of options for our review.
We will handle all of the originating party side of the communication and we will do the testing (we will have the originating party side ready for testing purposes). The approval criteria will be:
1. Successful storage of the file sent (from answering the call until the file is securely stored online)
2. Source code delivered
3. Software design document in english (we expect a decent high level document with low level detail in critical portions)
4. Testing protocol (we expect you to provide key tests that need to be performed to verify the functionality, although testing will be done by us).
5. Post service support if new bugs appear (if any bug is detected within a reasonable time frame, to be agreed, we expect you to solve it. Of course this is limited to the requirements and scope of the project. We want to be sure that if a bug is present and it takes more than just a couple of days of testing to detect it, you solve it).
* Detailed written requirements
* Our commitment to assit you if you have questions or you need us to be more clear on the specs
* Our time if you need to discuss something about the implementation
* We are available if you need us, email, skype, hangouts, etc
- None of your code shall be under a license where the code needs to remain public
- If you use other libraries or software (particularly software of unknown pedigree) you will first need our approval
- The host needs to support a scalable approach, at first data transfered and call will be very little but we expect to grow
- If you plan to host everything in a location such as Amazon web services we expect you to provide us with the scalable options.
You are free to suggest any ideas in your proposal if you feel they will make things easier for us or for you.
Thanks for considering our project.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online