This project received 12 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $37 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$25 - $50 USD / hour
This project is divided into 3 parts: 1) scraping the data, population 2) data presentation on a web page 3) Allow for addition of attributes/fields to data entries.
Part 1) Seeking Ruby / Ruby on Rails developer to create software to scrape documents data from login web site ([url removed, login to view]) and store the data in a PostgreSQL database.
The software should be very simple, probably just 1 script. It should be able to be configured to run regularly throughout the day to update the database. It should be able to login into the website and run script on the data.
- Write clean, modular, robust code to implement the desired requirements with little or no supervision
- Work with QA to fix any reported bugs after development on an ad-hoc basis
-A list of all documents.
-A list of all users.
-A list of all folders & sub-folders.
-Each Document’s information: Id, Title, Created By (User), Saved Dated, Created Date,
See attached sample data.
Part 2) Present the data on a web page
Present the data as links in a web friendly view (instead of folders & documents view).
See attached images WebView 1-5
Part 3) Allow for addition of the following columns into the database entries: Version, Type (Draft, Deployed, In-Review),
See attached image WebView 6
- Programming languages: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Front-end Web development
- Motivated web developer with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- A complete Elance profile
- References or an established reputation on Elance preferred
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online