I need to set up a site to sell downloadable music online. The preferred system would be Drupal.
This is pretty complex, so read through the various requirements properly, and ask me a question if anything is unclear.
1) The site focuses on selling music files for download, and to provide a streaming function only available to paid members. This means that user roles have to be set up automatically, so that when a user buys a download he also automatically gets access to the same content as streaming through a HTML5 compliant audio player. Everything needs to work on browsers from IE to iPhones.
2) The adding of downloadable files should be very easy. I need a plugin built that allows the admin of the site to upload one zip file containing all the information needed regarding one album, then unpack this on the server, convert the files to correct file formats (Download: FLAC, M4A, MP3 for streaming), add text descriptions from a text file to the correct place. Possibly a client side GUI compiling files the correct way would also be needed.
3) Taxonomy and tags should be very consistent throughout making it easy for users and admins to relate posts to one another.
4) Optional sales of physical products should be available for each downloadable unit.
5) The system should build on Ubercart for Drupal, so the plugins for ACL and files upload should integrate with Ubercart.
6) The whole thing should be packaged as one site install, so that the admin would upload zip, unpack, install, and be ready to go.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the time frame
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work