We are seeking a web developer to assist with an exciting new website, called ‘Live with the Sea’. This is a perfect opportunity for someone passionate about marine the environment who is looking to use their technical skills to contribute to a worthy cause.
Live with the Sea, [url removed, login to view], was designed to highlight the locally managed marine area (LMMA) approach in the western Indian Ocean and around the world. It is a platform for coastal communities and their partner to share experiences in marine and coastal conservation and development through videos, community resources and online discussions.
We hope Live with the Sea will help communities share their stories, better equipping them with the information and skills needed to conserve the marine environment and alleviate poverty.
However, before the site is officially launched, we need help incorporate feedback from our beta phase of development. Unfortunately, funding is limited and we do not have the web development skills within our organisation to implement the final remaining changes.. We would love to find someone who is willing to work for a small fee, or who would like to offer pro bono services.
[url removed, login to view]
Created in Drupal
Initial Tasks and Updates:
• Add "About" section added to the main menu
• Edit homepage text and enlarge text size
• Delete "Why live with the sea?" header on homepage
• Change all "Education" headings in the text to "Learn" instead
• Add places for number of comments on discussion boards
• Improve Discussion board interaction and lay-out
• Add videos tab to drop-down under "community resources" tab for all videos to be there in one central location. (We currently upload through Vimeo)
• Add a way for site visitors to start a new discussion under "share you story" see note below
• Change "share your story" to be a drop down menu to have both "Discuss" and "Submit Content" tabs drop down.
• add the text: "Browse Resources by Topic" above homepage wheel to clarify (ideally the text would curve to the shape of the wheel on the top)
• Update Video Bar on the homepage with text
• Add button to shrink the ‘read more’ text back up again
• Add country names under each flag (if you hold the mouse over it you can see the country name now for reference)
• Change country flags heading from "Articles by country" to "Browse Resources by Country"