This project is to create a requirements document for a dynamic website.
This document will be used to sub-contract the detailed website design and implementation (using Agile principles)
The document should be structured as an overall summary.. followed by a collection of detailed "Stories"
I would expect you to spend a lot of time interviewing me (Skype) and then recording the requirements as a set of detailed "stories"
We then iterate several times until I'm happy :-)
The website provides :
- real time analytics of Twitter messages
- real time feeds of important and breaking news on Twitter
- sentiment analytics of twitter messages
- twitter community analytics
- intelligence for the finance community
It is initially focussed on companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The document should cover
- Technical architecture
- Technology choices & restrictions
- Browser requirements (including mobile)
- Layout outlines
- Responsive design requirements
- Navigation outlines
- A collection of "Stories" (Function points, covering)
+ Login/sign out
+ Account settings
+ Twitter App authorisation
+ Various message streams
+ API integration
- References to supporting API services (to be provided)
- Anything else I've missed
This is the first of many such projects, so I am looking for a longer term relationship.
If you have done this before and have templates... then you have a head start.
Ideally, the document should be authored using using Mac OS X tools. This is a preference... but not essential.
You MUST :-
- be fluent in both spoken and written English
- be available for discussions on Skype
- have deep technical understanding of dynamic website design
- have previous experience of requirements capture
- have previous experience in authoring requirements documents
- be precise, well organised an pay attention to detail
Also, it would be nice to have :-
- an understanding of Agile principles
- knowledge of Twitter and Twitter development
- knowledge of financial markets
- familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap (+ jQuery, etc)
- familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- I cannot enter into individual conversations via messenger or email.
- Email me specific questions of clarification and I will answer on the public clarification board.
- Any samples or speculative work sent at your own risk.
- Hourly rate - up to a maximum of 1 week for the entire project.
Any questions, please ask.
Thanks and good luck...