Joomla website template change and tweaking
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 17
We have an existing Joomla-based website. While the content and general navigation, etc, is good, the template isn't particularly aligned with the feel we are trying to create, and the functionality is not as user-friendly as it needs to be for the primary user of the site. To that end, we'd like to change the template, or even the content management system, but preserve the basic content. We hope to use an off-the-shelf template that communicates the look and feel we are shooting for. We also need to "dummy-proof" the site so the person who will manage the content will be able to manage content easily.
The scope of work will be:
1. Help select the appropriate template and CMS for the job, one which meets the functional requirements while also meeting the aesthetic requirements for the site. We have experience with Joomla, and a little experience with WordPress. We're leaning toward WordPress for ease of blogging use, but we already trained and have site in joomla and not trained in wordpress administration.
2. Build the site in parallel, with the in-production site, using existing content (or copy of existing content), and facilitate a cutover
3. Assist with the cutover process to ensure a smooth transition, by pointing the default URL to the new site when ready for release to production
4. If Joomla remains, enhance the default Joomla blogging capability to something more user friendly, preferably like Wordpress. We like the way WordPress allows for easy viewing by date, subject, tag, etc. Updates to the blogs should automatically post to a Facebook business account.
5. Add additional editors/components/modules to enable the person managing content to easily update the site. Ideally, we'll want to keep this person away from the back-end administrator for most functions. For example, if in Joomla, the user should log in, see a custom menu for managing content, and be able to create articles and assign them to categories. WYSIWYG editing of the article is essential and must permit in-line embedding of graphics and videos without dealing with the vaguaries of FTPing files to a directory on the server, etc. Everything should be done from the editor.
6. Assist with modifying any graphical elements of the theme that require editing, such as the banner/header graphics or changing of stock photos to something more personal.
7. Current template doesn't allow embedding video in the main content article area. We'll need to be able to do this.
Other pertinent details:
- The site is for a home-based business for a single healthcare practioner catering to pregnant women and new parents
- The present site is hosted at Bluehost
- Full access can be granted to the Bluehost hosting account, including CPanel, DNS, Joomla Administrator, etc.
- Current Template in use is JA Purity II (haven't been able to add video to main content area)
- Current site is relatively new, photo gallery, 30+ lengthy testimonials, charity donation page, everything else standard small business web pages
Although the existing site is based on Joomla, we have no objections to switching to Wordpress if this is a viable alternative.
Templates We Like:
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online