Sofmor - web app (Ruby or Python) - social network for students
This project received 16 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
We're looking for a web developer (or team) to create a prototype of a social learning network aimed at students.
We're seeking either a back-end web developer and a front-end web developer or a full-stack web developer to create the first prototype of a social networking site for students. We prefer this to be developed using Ruby or Python. We've attached a zip file of the Minimum Viable Product specification and mocked up designs to outline exactly what is required of the prototype.
The Prototype zip file contains three main files:
*Sofmor Prototype Architecture - essentially a document outlining how the back-end infrastructure should be built
*Design pages (Designs>Prototype Designs) - To help visualize the prototype
*Clicks - Highlights the main 'clickable' areas of each design page
Before we start developing the whole prototype, we will have a trial to create only the beginning of the application to make sure you're a good fit and can produce well structured and documented code - this trial consists of a small task:
1. User has the ability to create an account (please tell how the costs and timescale will differ for the three different login options outlined in the Sofmor Prototype Architecture document).
2. User has the ability to input personal information to be displayed on a profile page
3. User has the ability to write an entry on the profile page which is visible to other users
If this milestone is completed well, we will consider hiring you to complete the full prototype web app.
Please review the attached files and only reply if you have the technical skills and time to produce the full prototype web app once the trial is completed. We'd like the full prototype to be completed as soon as possible so please also state your estimated timescale and cost (we'll accept narrow ranges).
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented
- A complete Elance profile
- References or an established reputation on Elance preferred
- Review business requirements
- Perform a technical analysis of requirements
- Produce a solid, detailed technical design
- Write clean, modular, robust code to implement the desired requirements
- Contribute ideas for making the application better and easier to use
If we select you to complete the trial, please have the project up and running on a secure development webserver where we can access to test its functionality as described. We'll also ask you to send us a zip file of the source code once the trial is complete so we can review it.
It'll also be helpful if you can respond to the following questions:
Are you proposing to complete the only the back-end development, front-end development or both (i.e. full-stack developer)?
What's the estimated timescale and cost to develop the trial task? What about the full prototype? (narrow range acceptable)
*The same question again but broken down into back-end development and front-end development?
Which language will the back-end be developed in, Python or Ruby? and what will the cost difference be if we have a choice?
Note: We will do the design work ourselves, so we don't want quotes to include designs - however, if you do design as well, then feel free to separately state the timescale and cost of design work for the full prototype.
VERY IMPORTANT: To separate you from the spammers, please write I AM REAL as the first line of your bid. We will delete all bids that do not start with this phrase, since some bidders never read the requirements. Thank you for being the ones who do.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online