create e-commerce site
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 34
You are an E-Commerce consultant and have been contacted by the owner of an established high street jeweller. She currently has one shop in a major city in your region, where she sells a range of high price, exclusive watches and jewellery.
She is keen to explore the possibility of setting up an e-commerce website (provisionally called TOTW – Timepieces On The Web) in order to sell a variety of timepieces including watches and clocks online.
She intends, in the first instance, to sell only a limited number of timepieces online, which break down into the following categories:
? Exclusive watches;
? Children’s watches;
? Clocks for the home.
She already has agreements to act as an agent on behalf of the following watchmakers:
? Exclusive – Rolex, Omega, Tag and Breitling;
? Children – Cactus and Speedo;
? Clocks – Karlsson and London Clock Company.
The owner is keen to explore the potential for e-commerce to grow her business. In particular she wishes to gain an understanding of the following issues:
? How a SWOT analysis might help to gain a better insight into whether the proposed business model of selling timepieces online is appropriate as an e-commerce application.
? How to ensure that the TOTW e-commerce site is able to stand out from the competition faced from other online watch and clock retailers.
? The possible countermeasures that can be employed to address the range of online security threats that she has read much about.
? How to measure the benefits that can be delivered through the launch of an e-commerce site.
She has asked you to undertake a feasibility study in order to address the above points.
The jewellery shop owner has asked you to prepare the following outputs from your feasibility study:
1. A briefing note that explains how a SWOT analysis can be used to validate the business idea for the TOTW e-commerce site.
2. A short presentation of no more than 15 minutes which will address some of the key marketing issues in relation to how the new TOTW e-commerce site might be found by potential customers who are surfing the web. In particular the presentation should address search engine placement, domain name considerations and branding issues.
3. A document that provides guidance on some of the key aspects of a security policy.
4. An overview of the possible approaches that can be taken to measuring the benefits arising from the operation of the TOTW site.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online