iphone / Android Location based Shop finder App
- Status Closed
- Budget $1500 - $3000 USD
- Total Bids 29
We request a proposal & quote for the development of a Shop finder/location-based app for Apple &Android devices with pricing if we were to include windows 7 platform as well.
The app will allow users to search for a certain range of shops closest to their proximity based on their current location. Shop finder app will also display open hours & a list of specials that each shop has on certain products at the time of the search.
When a user submits a request to find out the location of their closest shop, within the area specified, the app will retrieve data listing all those shops within that designated search area, which will then be displayed on the users device utilizing Google maps.
• Users can select a proximity range for their search, based on how far they are prepared to travel from their current location. E.g. search for shops within a 5km radius only.
• Users can save favourite shops to their device. This will be for the purpose of seeing for example which products are on special that week, or to know exactly when that shop is open.
• Users can search for any late night shops or those open on holidays.
• Once a search is initiated and a shop selected, the map location of the shop is displayed, with the map hi-lighting both the users current location and the location of the shops.
• Get directions feature to navigate them to the location km’s or miles
• Once shop finder app has been opened, a request will be made to the user to ask their location and to “Allow” or “Don’t Allow”.
• Once “Allow” is chosen, the app proceeds to a new screen where the user is able to select a search radius (from current location) in kilometres by scrolling through a rotating wheel like the “Clock” in iPhone and then having the option to view in google maps where their location is shown in relation to all the shops
• Alternatively once “Allow” has been chosen the user will be taken directly to their location on a Map and then choose their search radius, with results being shown as pins on the map.
Other important information
• A feature whereby as the user drives through different areas, shops within a search radius specified with specials in the categories the user has nominated to be notified about, are displayed and a notification sound plays.
• We require a basic website to support the app re marketing purposes as well as support services for the app that needs to be built with a cms system so we can update it like Joomla or similar.
• We would require some kind of admin area that vendors who have chosen to be on the service could access to update their weekly specials whenever they wanted to or needed to
• We are open to suggestions and ideas re the app and this may help with choosing a bidder.
• The shops in the app are all specific to 1 industry with the same line of product categories. That information will be provided further into the process of picking a developer.
• The app will be for the Australian market only
• The app needs to be intuitive in its functionality and also welcoming in its design, having a professional and commercial look to it. Developers with a strong flare for design will also be favoured.
• Only app developers with experience and feedback will be considered. Please provide details of experience and examples of apps built previously.
• Please provide website design & SEO experience as well, or if you intend to outsource that part which is fine.
• This is the 1st of a number of apps / website projects we are looking to develop so the company chosen has lots more work to potentially gain if their pricing is competitive and reasonable and their work and communication is excellent.
• Please feel free to ask any questions you need to provide an accurate quote and a detailed proposal.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online