Mobile Payment website to work with Airtel in Africa
This project received 23 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1458 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
Need to build a website (preferably in Joomla or Wordpress) that allows users in the USA to pay bills to providers in Kenya. Mobile Wallet solution is established in Kenya already and we have a sim-card reader for the appropriate SMS. We also have a software to interface to a computer that is hooked up the SMS device. What we need is to have a website created that allows the following steps to occur:
Allow US users to create a registered account with their Name, Cell #, Email Address, and a "Saved Provider List"
Select from a series of drop-downs the service they wish to pay in Kenya
Enter the Account Number, Amount to Pay, and Other Info if required
Convert the Kenya Shilling amount to USD using the [url removed, login to view] conversion
Allow the website admin to place a % surcharge to the exchange and a per transaction surcharge to each payment.
Process the payment through [url removed, login to view]
Have the US server send an SMS to the SMS device in kenya with the PROVIDER #, ACCOUNT #, KS AMOUNT, OTHER INFO
(Once the device has completed it's transimssion, it will send an SMS back to the server)
The site must receive the confirmation SMS and forward the message to both the cellphone as an SMS and email address as text.
Site must save the time, date, local site ID, provider number, account number, amount, other info, and the result into a mysql database.
Site must have an account history page that shows the history of the last 10-25 transactions and the information.
Site must be able to QUEUE up the transactions so that it is only sending one SMS transaction per every 15 seconds.
1. Do not just blindly post. I want a provider who can finish this from start to finish.
2. Safaricom will handle the payments to the providers, we do not need this part of the process duplicated
3. Software & device being used for the SMS is Mobitek and we have this already
4. Website design and structure will be provided, just need the ecommerce portion, account management, sending proper SMS messages, recieving SMS messages, and database work done.
5. IMPORTANT!!! To make sure that you have read everything, I will only look at offers that have the words "FULLY UNDERSTOOD" in the title of your bid.
This is an example of a site from India that is accomplishing what we need to do:
[url removed, login to view]
NOTE: This stage of the project is for just the WEBSITE ONLY. Other stages may come later such as And0id and iPh0ne apps, but not for now.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online