twitter visualization programming / web development
This project received 15 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2438 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
OK, so here is a challenging twitter programming/coding and web development job. Please only reply if you are sure you can do this. We are in a time crunch, so there is no time to experiment all that much.
Also, this is a creative job that requires some thinking about optimization, and how to make something sleek, elegant and flawless. So we need your sense of beauty as well as your programming expertise.
We want to integrate a visualization of tweets (which we have been collecting) about our products (some movies) onto a website we are developing at the moment. Our web designer and his coder are very good and smart but they know nothing of twitter or twitter programming. So you would have to work with them to integrate this into our design.
Time available: about one week to have a first working version. There would then be some back and forth with us about fonts, integration into the website etc.
What we would like is a visualization of all tweets that we have collected about our products. It would have to be fun to scroll through them, and be graphically clear and pleasing.
We imagine something quite similar in effect to [url removed, login to view] (please go to that site and enter a random searchterm -- say: "paolo coelho" -- what you will see is a black & white wall of hundreds of pictures of the people who have tweeted using that term). We want something like this (not sure about the wide borders/frames -it might be cooler with no borders/frames), but with several differences:
1) We would like it to be viewable without silverlight and without having to download any special non-standard application. We would ideally like to have this be html (or whatever else is standard issue). If that means the tweets won't be flying into the picture, so be it. Ideally, we would have a tweet turn from black & white to full color only when you move the cursor onto it. It would then pop open in some way, so you can read it. Like in tweetbeam, we only need the text when you roll over it. All the other stuff only appears when you actually click on that tweet and it takes you to the tweeter's timeline in twitter, in a separate window.) When you move the cursor to another tweet, the first one would close and that other one would open.
2) it would have to be scrollable. [url removed, login to view] is only one wall, and the tweets that fly in cover the older ones, but you only ever see 100 or so at a time. With us, we would like to be able to scroll down the wall, chronologically, right to the very earliest RTs (ideally sorted by date of original tweet, not by date of when they were retweeted on our account).
3) We would like the pictures visible in the mosaic wall to be the profile pictures of the tweeters, not whatever picture they tweeted/attached ([url removed, login to view] has the attachment visible)
4) Is it possible to program the wall so it would widen to any size of browser the person happens to have? Without repeating tweets, of course, and without losing any on smaller browsers/computer screens or on older machines/software. (this is about 1/2 the explanation of the project. continued in the attached Word document. Please do not bid without having read the attachment)
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online